- latest trend In data storage
What is data storage virtualization
What is NAS
-network attached storage?
NAS Vs SAN?
Windows XP backup software
Windows server backup software
Iscsi Vs Fiber Channel SANS.
The great debate
Remote backups basics
Data center strategy:
Do you have a data center strategy?
Data center disaster recovery.
Freeware virtual internet
hard drive reviews
Offsite backup services.
Is the service worth the risk?
Oracle backup software-
Are third party Oracle
Backup software good?
Remote backups basics
Remote backup software for AIX
Remote backup issues-
Its not all hunky dory!
Remote backup software
for AS/400 machines
Remote backup service providers
Remote backup whitepaper
Remote backup software for Windows
VMware guides and reviews - the story of a true innovator in server virtualization data storageSponsored Links
What is VMware virtualization?
The fundamental concept of VMware is virtualization or virtual infrastructure. VMware servers and VMware workstations can be thought of as virtual machines.
The vmware servers and vmware desktops offer interoperability of multiple operating servers on the same server!Truly,VMware workstation and VMware server products are the first real data storage workstation and server virtualization products in the data storage market.
VMware products in more detail
- VMware Workstation Reviews
VMware workstations offer the ability to run more than one operating system on the X86 workstation. The original operating systems that runs the VMware process is called the host operating system and the other operating systems on the workstations that are launched subsequently are called the guest operating systems.
VMware workstation allows the ability to switch between guest operating systems. Also, the virtual machine instances that run guest operating systems can be copied easily to virtual machine instances on other computers!
- VMware Virtual Center Reviews
VMware VirtualCenter is the data virtualization offering that serves as the central brain for the virtual infrastructure provided by VMware. The VMware Virtual Center provides a simple single point interface for managing the various virtual servers within the data center.
- VMware ESX and VMware GSX server Reviews
VMware ESX servers and VMware GSX servers essentially provide server consolidation thru server virtualization, thereby reducing operating cost for companies. For example, server virtualization ensures that the same physical set of servers could run multiple virtual operating systems, so that the server computing power and storage utilization is extremely high.
In short VMware ESX and VMware GSX servers offer logical data storage partitioning of servers allowing server consolidation and a more efficient data center architecture thru server virtualization.
- VMware offers real data storage server virtualization, through the use of logical partitioning and virtual machines.
- VMware offers the true promise of server consolidation. Data centers can use lesser numbers of servers to run the same applications thereby reducing operational costs. Thus,the benefits of server virtualization are seen thru lesser TCO for the data centers.
- Thru the use of virtual machines running multiple operating systems,VMware workstations and VMware virtualization servers offer true OS vendor independence.
- VMware offers opportunities for load balancing of data center servers thru portable virtual machines, ensuring that peak loads do not adversely impact the overall data center performance.